Monday, April 14, 2008

man overboard

The biggest problem with x's is dealing with the y's: oh what the heck was I thinking? Well, evidently I wasn't thinking much at all: the transient emotions of my youth were protesting with catchy placards and yelling louder than my always-reasoning mind.

You obviously don't know me very well if you feel the need to ring me out of the blue to 'catch up'. What am I, a fool to fall for that? Well, maybe, but I don't do chit-chat. And if you still don't know this by now, I have nothing more to say other than to berate myself for my own blind stupidity.

My intuition, disguised as an ever-present guardian fairy perched upon my shoulder, whispers that you rang just to tell me that you're seeing a new girl; but your biggest mistake was to forget, or not even realise, that I don't care. It's not personal, I just don't trouble myself with the personal relationships of others; I trust and respect people to make the decisions that are best for them. And when they don't, that's not my problem. And I am just not an emotional person; I openly admit it: I'm cold-hearted. So please don't delude yourself into thinking that I will be jealous, regret that I cut loose, or succumb to some such emotion: I really don't care so please don't waste my time. I don't play games with people and I don't have time for people who do: two fools in one house are too many.

No comments: