Thursday, October 30, 2008

airport

i like airports. there's a fair bit of waiting, but armed with a laptop and headphones i'm a happy chappy. with a myriad of destinations announced at close frequency, it feels like people are going places. and, well, they probably are. i like being in a constant flux, if that makes sense.

i like watching the little buggys zoom around the tarmac, loosely adhering to their own road rules and markings. my friend, once a baggage handler, was utterly busted by his boss for doing a burnout in a baggage buggy (possibly with luggage in tow); not at all due to the ridiculous turnaround time expected for baggage (un)loading - the figure of 7 minutes per flight comes to mind.

there's a guy sitting near me at the boarding gate who reminds me very much of a phd friend. he's ambiguously asian, and oozes collected cool. it nearly makes me miss my friends.

i must be bored: i'm talking crap.

No comments: