Wednesday, October 22, 2008

there is hope

i've just met with a really interesting guy here, sort of like an older version of me! it turns out you can go on phd nerd exchange, and organisations do support such placements despite the complete disinterest shown to me by my parent institution. he's been trying to encourage students, undergrad and postgrad, to travel and take academic and volunteer opportunities, but no fish are biting! i cannot believe nor understand this; if i was a student here i would have jumped before the starter pistol fired.

exchange is far too late for me now, but what i can do is just get up and go, take my cv, and hit the ground running with it. there's work abounds and without attachment to a parent organisation, which means more flexibility and less bureaucracy. and he knows people. i need no second invitation.

oh why didn't i meet this guy a few years ago?!

No comments: